Friday, June 22, 2012

Forb-age

I never really read Forbes magazine.  I just never found their type of business journalism interesting.  It seems to be more a celebration of wealth than a serious inquiry into what makes the economy tick.  I very much like like Bloomberg Magazine and Bloomberg online coverage.  I like the Wall Street Journal reporting and the New York Times business section.  I am even willing to read the WSJ editorial page.  While some of it is nutso other articles do present a serious defense of conservative ideas.  I like the breadth of international coverage of the Economist although I don't really like their writing style.  And I find their policy prescriptions to be of the "if all you have is a hammer then every problem looks like a nail" sort.

I never really had anything against Forbes Magazine - I just didn't find their articles interesting.  When I think Forbes I think Steve Forbes.  He seemed to be a pleasant sort of guy who was willing to poke fun at himself.  To be fair he is one of those kooky Larry Kudlow, Club For Growth, supply side true believers.  Cut taxes for the wealthiest Americans and despite all evidence to the contrary we will experience an enormous burst of economic growth which will solve all of our problems regardless of the situation.  And while you are at it go onto the gold standard.  But I have nothing really against his magazine....until....today I just happened to see this article on Google.  Forbes   I think I will keep skipping Forbes Magazine.

No comments: