Thursday, July 04, 2013

A hypothetical question about a hypothetical question...

First let me say that I have no evidence that this actually occurred.  But it is my understanding that the Egyptian military and US military are pretty friendly.  I wonder if the Egyptian military higher ups ran the idea of deposing President Morsi past their US counterparts?   Not for approval but to see what the response would be.  Something along the lines of "say we were to depose the president.  Not that we are actually thinking about doing it.  But just as a hypothetical.  What would the backlash be.  How negatively would it affect our relationship?"  I have no idea if this actually happened but if it did I would be very curious as to what the response was...if it happened..which I have no evidence that it did.

No comments: